The Wrath of God
Topic: Worship Gathering Passage: Hosea 8:1–8:14
Greetings from Cross Fellowship Church! We’re grateful you’ve joined us to worship today. We long to be together as a faith family, but out of love for our church members, neighbors, and community, we’re meeting virtually during this unprecedented time.
Use this sheet to guide your time of worship. We encourage you to begin at 10 a.m. if you’re able. The songs and sermon are available in the 2020-05-31 Worship at Home playlist. Click “Play All” and then pause between each song to read or pray as directed below.
Join us in reading, singing, praying, and hearing the Word in our homes ... until we can be together again.
- Read 1 Chronicles 16:23-31
- Sing “O Worship the King” | lyrics on page 3
- Read Psalm 23:1-6
- Sing “You Never Let Go” | lyrics on page 3
- Read 2 Corinthians 4:16-18
- Pray in confession. Confess aloud together ways you have been losing heart. Confess how you’ve been looking to things that are seen, rather than things that are not seen. After a time of confession, read the Scripture that follows as a reminder of God’s assurance of pardon for your sin and the forgiveness we have in Christ.
- Read Romans 5:8-11
- Sing “In Christ Alone” | lyrics on page 4
- Sing “He Will Hold Me Fast” | lyrics on page 4
- Pray through some or all of the following prayer points:
- Pray we will live with an attitude of humility, unity, and grace in our relationships with one another, and that our different views of how to respond to COVID-19 will not bring unnecessary conflict or division within our church body.
- Pray for God to give the CFC elders great wisdom as we look to corporately gather together again in person as a church body.
- Pray for individual members in our body who are walking through physical and/or emotional suffering. Pray they will know and experience God’s comfort, hope in Jesus, and the care of His body.
- Pray for parents in our church as they seek to love and shepherd their children during this challenging season of life.
- Pray that the children in our church will come to know, love, and treasure Jesus above all things. Also pray for them as they walk through this unique season of life.
- Read Hosea 8:1-14
- Watch the sermon. You can find this week's handout in the Downloads menu above for sermon notes.
We believe the Lord’s Supper is an ordinance for the gathered church, so we will be abstaining from observing the Lord’s Supper until we are able to meet again as a corporate body.
We’re so glad you joined us today! We’d love to get to know you. Fill out an online visitor card and let us know you joined us and we'll be in touch soon.