True Love for God
Topic: Worship Gathering Passage: Hosea 6:4–7:16
Greetings from Cross Fellowship Church! We’re grateful you’ve joined us to worship today. We long to be together as a faith family, but out of love for our church members, neighbors, and community, we’re meeting virtually during this unprecedented time.
Use this sheet to guide your time of worship. We encourage you to begin at 10 a.m. if you’re able. The songs and sermon are available in the 2020-05-24 Worship at Home playlist. Click “Play All” and then pause between each song to read or pray as directed below.
Join us in reading, singing, praying, and hearing the Word in our homes ... until we can be together again.
- Read Psalm 150:1-6
- Sing “Praise to the Lord” | lyrics on page 3
- Sing “Revelation Song” | lyrics on page 3
- Read Philippians 4:4-9
- Pray in confession. Confess aloud together your anxieties before the Lord. Confess areas in your life in which it’s hard to trust the Lord. Also, confess ways in which your thoughts have not always been on what is true, honorable, just, pure, lovely, commendable, excellent, and worthy of praise. After a time of confession, read the next Scripture as a reminder of God’s assurance of pardon for your sin and the great mercy we have in Christ.
- Read 1 John 1:9-2:2
- Sing “Before the Throne of God Above” | lyrics on page 4
- Sing “The Power of the Cross” | lyrics on page 4
- Pray through some or all of the following prayer points:
- Pray we will live with an attitude of humility, unity, and grace in our relationships with one another, and that our different views of how to respond to COVID-19 will not bring unnecessary conflict or division within our church body.
- Pray for God to give the CFC elders great wisdom as we look to gather together again as a church body in the days ahead.
- Pray for those in our church who are most susceptible and at-risk to the coronavirus. Pray God will continue to strengthen and comfort them during this time of physical isolation, and that we as a church will minister to them well.
- Pray we will look for opportunities to intentionally engage, sacrificially love, and share the hope of Jesus with those in our spheres of influence who don’t know Christ.
- Read Hosea 6:4-7:16
- Watch the sermon. You can find this week's handout in the Downloads menu above for sermon notes.
We believe the Lord’s Supper is an ordinance for the gathered church, so we will be abstaining from observing the Lord’s Supper until we are able to meet again as a corporate body.
We’re so glad you joined us today! We’d love to get to know you. Fill out an online visitor card and let us know you joined us and we'll be in touch soon.