God’s Warnings for His Unfaithful Wife
Topic: Worship Gathering Passage: Hosea 5:1–6:3
Greetings from Cross Fellowship Church! We’re grateful you’ve joined us to worship today. We long to be together as a faith family, but out of love for our church members, neighbors, and community, we’re meeting virtually during this unprecedented time.
Use this sheet to guide your time of worship. We encourage you to begin at 10 a.m. if you’re able. The songs and sermon are available in the 2020-05-17 Worship at Home playlist. Click “Play All” and then pause between each song to read or pray as directed below.
Join us in reading, singing, praying, and hearing the Word in our homes ... until we can be together again.
- Read Psalm 98:1-6
- Sing “Song of Moses” | lyrics on page 3
- Read Psalm 96:1-9
- Sing “Holy” | lyrics on page 3
- Read Romans 1:18-25
- Pray in confession. In light of Romans 1:18-25, confess ways in which you have worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator. Confess ways in which you have suppressed the truth of God’s Word and believed lies instead. Acknowledge ways in which you have not honored God or given Him the thanks He rightfully deserves. After a time of confession, sing the next song to remind yourself of the grace and forgiveness Christ has achieved for you through His substitutionary death on the cross and victorious resurrection.
- Sing “Death Was Arrested” | lyrics on page 4
- Sing “Jesus Paid It All” | lyrics on page 4
- Pray through some or all of the following prayer points:
- Pray for our Discipleship Communities as they begin to gather together again in person. Pray God will use these groups to encourage, comfort, and spur us on in our love for Jesus and others.
- Pray for those in our church who are most susceptible and at-risk to the coronavirus. Pray for God to continue to strengthen and comfort them during this time of physical isolation, and that we as a church will minister to them well.
- Pray we will look for opportunities to intentionally engage, sacrificially love, and share the hope of Jesus with those in our spheres of influence who don’t know Christ.
- Pray for the newest members of CFC. Pray we will love them well and that God will use their gifts to build up and edify our church body.
- Pray we will live with an attitude of humility, unity, and grace in our relationships with one another, and that our different views of how to respond to COVID-19 will not bring unnecessary conflict or division within our church body.
- Read Hosea 5:1-6:3
- Watch the sermon. You can find this week's handout in the Downloads menu above for sermon notes.
We believe the Lord’s Supper is an ordinance for the gathered church, so we will be abstaining from observing the Lord’s Supper until we are able to meet again as a corporate body.
We’re so glad you joined us today! We’d love to get to know you. Fill out an online visitor card and let us know you joined us and we'll be in touch soon.