God’s Charges Against His Unfaithful Wife
Topic: Worship Gathering Passage: Hosea 4:1–4:19
Greetings from Cross Fellowship Church! We’re grateful you’ve joined us to worship today. We long to be together as a faith family, but out of love for our church members, neighbors, and community, we’re meeting virtually during this unprecedented time.
Use this sheet to guide your time of worship. We encourage you to begin at 10 a.m. if you’re able. The songs and sermon are available in the 2020-05-10 Worship at Home playlist. Click “Play All” and then pause between each song to read or pray as directed below.
Join us in reading, singing, praying, and hearing the Word in our homes ... until we can be together again.
- Read Psalm 33:1-8
- Sing “All Creatures of Our God and King” | lyrics on page 3
- Sing “Lord I Need You” | lyrics on page 3
- Read Matthew 18:1-4
- Pray in confession. Confess aloud ways that you haven’t taken on the heart posture of a humble child in your relationship to the Lord. Confess specific ways in which you’ve lived in pride, not depended on the Lord, and instead relied von your own strength and ability. After a time of confession, sing the next song and remind yourself of the forgiveness and assurance of pardon found in Jesus’ substitutionary death on the cross.
- Sing “Yet Not I But Through Christ In Me” | lyrics on page 4
- Sing “Jesus, Thank You” | lyrics on page 4
- Pray through some or all of the following prayer points:
- Pray and give thanks to God for all the moms in our church body. Pray for God to give them strength, joy, and great grace as they sacrificially serve, love, and invest in the lives of their children.
- Pray and give thanks to God for your mom. No mom is perfect, but we all have reasons to be thankful for the mom God has given us.
- Pray for the women in our church who may not have biological or adopted children but who live as spiritual mothers in the lives of others. Pray they will find great joy and delight as they faithfully share the gospel, disciple, and invest in the lives of their spiritual children.
- Pray for those in our church who find Mother’s Day to be particularly painful. Pray for those who’ve lost their mother or a child. Pray for those who desire to be a mother but can’t. Pray for those who never knew their mother or whose relationship with their mother brought a lot of pain. Pray for single mothers. Pray for those mothers whose children have gone astray or face a myriad of challenges.
- Read Hosea 4:1-19
- Watch the sermon. You can find this week's handout in the Downloads menu above for sermon notes.
We believe the Lord’s Supper is an ordinance for the gathered church, so we will be abstaining from observing the Lord’s Supper until we are able to meet again as a corporate body.
We’re so glad you joined us today! We’d love to get to know you. Fill out an online visitor card and let us know you joined us and we'll be in touch soon.