God’s Unceasing Love for His Unfaithful Wife
Topic: Worship Gathering Passage: Hosea 3:1–3:5
Greetings from Cross Fellowship Church! We’re grateful you’ve joined us to worship today. We long to be together as a faith family, but out of love for our church members, neighbors, and community, we’re meeting virtually during this unprecedented time.
Use this sheet to guide your time of worship. We encourage you to begin at 10 a.m. if you’re able. The songs and sermon are available in the 2020-05-03 Worship at Home playlist. Click “Play All” and then pause between each song to read or pray as directed below.
Join us in reading, singing, praying, and hearing the Word in our homes ... until we can be together again.
- Read Psalm 113:1-9
- Sing “10,000 Reasons” | lyrics on page 3
- Read 1 Chronicles 29:11-13
- Pray in praise to God for who He is. In other words, praise God for His character and attributes. Examples might include praising God for His mercy, faithfulness, goodness, justice, love, sovereignty, wrath, wisdom, etc.
- Read Psalm 51:1-4 and Psalm 103:8-12
- Sing “King of Kings” | lyrics on page 3
- Sing “All I Have is Christ” | lyrics on page 4
- Sing “Is He Worthy” | lyrics on page 4
- Pray through some or all of the following prayer points:
- As the stay-at-home order is potentially getting ready to be lifted, pray God will give the CFC elders great wisdom in the myriad of decisions they need to make in shepherding our church forward.
- In all likelihood, members of our church have different views and convictions as to how we should respond to COVID-19 and what re-assimilation should look like. Amid these potential disagreements, pray that we will demonstrate unity, grace, and humility in our relationships with one another as a body.
- Pray for those among us who are most vulnerable to the virus. Pray that we as a church will be sensitive and care for them well. Also pray God will give them a great sense of peace and calm in any anxiety they might have in the days to come.
- Pray for God to stop the spread of the coronavirus and to spare our communities from this illness.
- Pray for ongoing opportunities to share the hope and peace Christ offers in the gospel with unbelieving neighbors, coworkers, family members, etc.
- Read Hosea 3:1-5
- Watch the sermon. You can find this week's handout in the Downloads menu above for sermon notes.
We believe the Lord’s Supper is an ordinance for the gathered church, so we will be abstaining from observing the Lord’s Supper until we are able to meet again as a corporate body.
We’re so glad you joined us today! We’d love to get to know you. Fill out an online visitor card and let us know you joined us and we'll be in touch soon.