God's Unrelenting Pursuit of His Unfaithful Wife
Topic: Worship Gathering Passage: Hosea 2:2–2:23
Greetings from Cross Fellowship Church! We’re grateful you’ve joined us to worship today. We long to be together as a faith family, but out of love for our church members, neighbors, and community, we’re meeting virtually during this unprecedented time.
Use this sheet to guide your time of worship. We encourage you to begin at 10 a.m. if you’re able. The songs and sermon are available in the 2020-04-26 Worship at Home playlist. Click “Play All” and then pause between each song to read or pray as directed below.
Join us in reading, singing, praying, and hearing the Word in our homes ... until we can be together again.
- Read Ephesians 1:3-14
- Sing “Come Praise and Glorify” | lyrics on page 3
- Sing “O Great God” | lyrics on page 3
- Pray in confession. In the previous song, we asked God to reign supreme in our hearts, conquer every rebel power, and let no vice or sin remain. Spend some time in prayer, confessing specific sins God needs to reign over, conquer, and remove from your heart. After a time of confession, read the Scripture below as a reminder of God’s assurance of pardon for your sin and the great mercy we have in Christ.
- Read Titus 3: 4-7
- Sing “You Alone Can Rescue” | lyrics on page 4
- Sing “He Shall Be Great” | lyrics on page 4
- Pray through some or all of the following prayer points:
- Pray that we will be good stewards of our time during this season — intentionally spending more time in God’s Word, prayer, and reading good Christian books, than being consumed with TV, social media, and other things.
- Pray for the Haynes family in Romania and Rachel and Michelle in North Africa. Pray they find their joy in Christ and continue to faithfully sow seeds of the gospel each day.
- Pray for the CFC elders as they lead the church during this season. Pray for God to give them an extra amount of wisdom in the days ahead.
- Pray that God will use COVID-19 for the advance of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Pray for specific unbelieving friends, neighbors, and coworkers who are anxious about the virus, and ask God to give you opportunities to speak gospel peace and hope in their lives.
- Pray for those in our church who are wrestling with loneliness, anxiety, and depression during this time. Pray they will find their hope and joy in Christ during this difficult time.
- Read Hosea 2:2-23
- Watch the sermon. You can find this week's handout in the Downloads menu above for sermon notes.
We believe the Lord’s Supper is an ordinance for the gathered church, so we will be abstaining from observing the Lord’s Supper until we are able to meet again as a corporate body.
We’re so glad you joined us today! We’d love to get to know you. Fill out an online visitor card and let us know you joined us and we'll be in touch soon.