God and His Unfaithful Wife
Topic: Worship Gathering Passage: Hosea 1:1–2:1
Greetings from Cross Fellowship Church! We’re grateful you’ve joined us to worship today. We long to be together as a faith family, but out of love for our church members, neighbors, and community, we’re meeting virtually during this unprecedented time.
Use this sheet to guide your time of worship. We encourage you to begin at 10 a.m. if you’re able. The songs and sermon are available in the 2020-04-19 Worship at Home playlist. Click “Play All” and then pause between each song to read or pray as directed below.
Join us in reading, singing, praying, and hearing the Word in our homes ... until we can be together again.
- Read Psalm 92:1-4
- Sing “Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing” | lyrics on page 3
- Read Psalm 99:1-5
- Sing “Only a Holy God” | lyrics on page 3
- Read James 4:1-10
- Pray in confession. Confess aloud any sins that the Spirit brings to mind after reading James 4:1-10. After a time of confession, praise God for the forgiveness and assurance of pardon that’s found in Jesus’ substitutionary death on the cross.
- Sing “Man of Sorrows” | lyrics on page 4
- Sing “I Will Wait for You” | lyrics on page 4
- Pray through some or all of the following prayer points:
- Pray for God to stop the spread of the coronavirus and to spare our communities from this illness.
- Pray for God to grant wisdom to our national, state, and local leaders as they make important decisions about how to protect human life, especially the most vulnerable among us.
- Pray that we as a church would be regularly reaching out and checking up on one another, and seeking to find ways to lovingly serve one another.
- Pray for God to give parents an extra measure of grace in this time and that moms and dads will be more intentional in discipling their children.
- Pray for singles in our church who are living alone, that they will know and sense the nearness of Christ as they live physically distant from others.
- Pray for opportunities to love our neighbors and proclaim the hope of Jesus to others in this time of uncertainty, loneliness, and fear.
- Read Hosea 1:1-2:1
- Watch the sermon. You can find this week's handout in the Downloads menu above for sermon notes.
We believe the Lord’s Supper is an ordinance for the gathered church, so we will be abstaining from observing the Lord’s Supper until we are able to meet again as a corporate body.
We’re so glad you joined us today! We’d love to get to know you. Fill out an online visitor card and let us know you joined us and we'll be in touch soon.