Victory Over Death
Topic: Worship Gathering Passage: 1 Corinthians 15:50–15:58
Greetings from Cross Fellowship Church! We’re grateful you’ve joined us to worship today. We long to be together as a faith family, but out of love for our church members, neighbors, and community, we’re meeting virtually during this unprecedented time.
Use this sheet to guide your time of worship. We encourage you to begin at 10 a.m. if you’re able. The songs and sermon are available in the 2020-04-12 Easter at Home playlist. Click “Play All” and then pause between each song to read or pray as directed below.
Join us in reading, singing, praying, and hearing the Word in our homes ... until we can be together again.
- Read Matthew 28:1-9
- Sing “Praise the King” | lyrics on page 3
- Read Acts 2:22-24
- Sing “Oh Praise the Name” | lyrics on page 3
- Read Romans 5:12-17
- Pray in confession. Spend a few minutes praying out loud and confessing specific sins in your life that are deserving of death. Then spend a few minutes praising Jesus for His victory over sin and death.
- Sing “Living Hope” | lyrics on page 4
- Sing “Come Behold the Wondrous Mystery” | lyrics on page 4
- Pray through some or all of the following prayer points:
- Pray for those who’ve lost loved ones because of the coronavirus. Pray they will come to know the comfort and hope that’s found in the One who defeated death.
- Pray that those who have the coronavirus would be healed, and that its spread would slow and soon be eradicated.
- Pray that we as Christians will live in this season in light of the victory we have in Christ, and not allow worry, fear, and uncertainty to control us.
- Pray that many non-Christians will tune in online (not only to our church, but to churches all over the world) to hear the hope of the gospel, and come to saving faith in Jesus this Easter Sunday.
- Read 1 Corinthians 15:50-58
- Watch the sermon. You can find this week's handout in the Downloads menu above for sermon notes.
We believe the Lord’s Supper is an ordinance for the gathered church, so we will be abstaining from observing the Lord’s Supper until we are able to meet again as a corporate body.
We’re so glad you joined us today! We’d love to get to know you. Fill out an online visitor card and let us know you joined us and we'll be in touch soon.