Our Confidence in the Midst of a Pandemic
Topic: Worship Gathering Passage: Psalm 121:1–121:8
Greetings from Cross Fellowship Church! We’re grateful you’ve joined us to worship today. We long to be together as a faith family, but out of love for our church members, neighbors, and community, we’re meeting virtually during this unprecedented time.
Use this sheet to guide your time of worship. We encourage you to begin at 10 a.m. if you’re able. The songs and sermon are available in the 2020-04-05 Worship at Home playlist. Click “Play All” and then pause between each song to read or pray as directed below.
Join us in reading, singing, praying, and hearing the Word in our homes ... until we can be together again.
- Read Psalm 34:1-10
- Sing “At Your Name” | lyrics on page 3
- Read Psalm 91:1-16
- Sing “Jesus Is Better” | lyrics on page 3
- Read Matthew 6:25-34
- Pray in confession
- In prayer, confess aloud to the Lord the fears and anxieties you’ve been holding onto. Confess how your worry is a lack of trust in Him and His promises.
- After a time of confession, give praise to God for caring about and for you. Praise Him for specific ways you have seen His provision during this difficult time. Praise Him for being trustworthy and for the ultimate hope you have in Jesus.
- Sing “My Worth is Not in What I Own” | lyrics on page 4
- Sing “His Mercy is More” | lyrics on page 4
- Pray through some or all of the following prayer points:
- Pray that God would use COVID-19 for the advance of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Pray for specific unbelieving friends, neighbors, and coworkers who are anxious about the virus, and ask for opportunities to speak the gospel of peace and hope into their lives.
- Pray for God to stop the spread of the coronavirus and to spare our communities from this illness.
- Pray that God would grant wisdom to our national, state, and local leaders as they make important decisions about how to protect human life, especially the most vulnerable among us.
- Pray that we as a church would live with selfless humility toward others in this season, and that we would constantly be putting the interests of others ahead of our own, modeling the selfless, humble mindset of Christ.
- Pray that God would give you and all the members of our church a strong faith in His promises that would extinguish any hint of fear and anxiety in our hearts.
- Read Psalm 121:1-8
- Watch the sermon. Turn this sheet over for sermon notes.
We believe the Lord’s Supper is an ordinance for the gathered church, so we will be abstaining from observing the Lord’s Supper until we are able to meet again as a corporate body.
We’re so glad you joined us today! We’d love to get to know you. Fill out an online visitor card and let us know you joined us and we'll be in touch soon.