Topic: Worship Gathering Passage: Philippians 2:1–2:11
Greetings from Cross Fellowship Church! We’re grateful you’ve joined us to worship today. We long to be together as a faith family, but out of love for our church members, neighbors, and community, we’re meeting virtually during this unprecedented time.
Use this sheet to guide your time of worship. We encourage you to begin at 10:00 a.m. if you are able. Join us in reading, singing, praying, and hearing the Word in our homes ... until we can be together again.
The songs and sermon for this week are available in the 2020-03-29 Worship at Home playlist. Click "Play All" and then pause in between each song to read or pray as directed below. Lyrics are available on pages 3 and 4 of the worship guide in the "Downloads" menu above.
- Read Psalm 113:1-3
- Sing “How Great Is Our God” | lyrics on page 3
- Read Psalm 111:1-10
- Sing “Great Is Thy Faithfulness” | lyrics on page 3
- Read Psalm 44:23-26 and Isaiah 43:1-3a
- Sing “The Lord Is My Salvation” | lyrics on page 4
- Sing “Stronger” | lyrics on page 4
- Pray through some or all of the following prayer points:
- Pray for those in our church wrestling with loneliness, anxiety, and depression. Pray for them to find Christ as a refuge in this time of isolation.
- Pray for us to be good stewards of our time in this season. May we spend more time studying God’s Word, praying, and reading Christian books, than being consumed with TV and social media.
- Pray for God to give parents an extra measure of grace, and that moms and dads will be intentional in discipling their children.
- Pray for singles who are living alone to sense the nearness of Christ as they live physically distant from others.
- Pray for us as a church to regularly reach out and check up on one another, and look for ways to lovingly serve one another.
- Pray for opportunities to love our neighbors and proclaim the hope of Jesus to others in this time of uncertainty and fear.
- Read Philippians 2:1-11
- Watch the sermon. A handout for sermon notes is available from the "Downloads" menu above.
We believe the Lord’s Supper is an ordinance for the gathered church, so we will be abstaining from observing the Lord’s Supper until we are able to meet again as a corporate body.