We want to encourage every member of Cross Fellowship Church to consistently engage in reading, meditating on, and memorizing the Bible this year. Here are a few helpful tools and resources we recommend.
BIBLE READING PLANS
- 1 Year Plan
A one year plan that takes you through the Bible in order from Genesis to Revelation.
- 2 Year Plan
A two year plan for reading through the entire Bible in two years.
(Here’s a good article which explains the 2 year Bible reading plan.)
- 5x5x5 Bible Reading Plan
Read through the New Testament in a year, reading Monday to Friday. Weekends are set aside for reflection and other reading. Especially beneficial if you’re new to a daily discipline of Bible reading.
- Read Scripture App
This is a great app for reading the Bible this year. It also includes helpful videos that go along with the reading plan.
TOOLS FOR READING THE WORD
MEDITATING ON THE WORD
- 17 Ways to Meditate on Scripture
- Methods of Meditation on Scripture
- Warm Yourself At the Fires of Meditation
MEMORIZING THE WORD
- Your Deadliest Weapon Against the Devil: Eight Reasons to Memorize Scripture
- Why Memorize Scripture?
- How To Remember the Bible Verses You Memorize
- Why You Should Devote Yourself to Scripture Memory
- Fighter Verses
This is a helpful website that includes a Scripture memory plan, app, and resources.